Here is an app that, if I was coaching an individual athlete or a whole team, I would want in my pocket. CoachMyVideo is an iOS app that allows you to frame-capture an athlete in motion and then analyze their movements and provide them invaluable feedback. I recently watched Mrs. Gunneson demonstrate how she uses the app to record athletes training for the high jump. It seemed effortless for her to record the athlete's approach and jump with her iPhone or iPad and then replay the video frame-by-frame to pinpoint the position of the athlete's head during that critical point when they are trying to get over the bar. She was even able to place two separate attempts (videos) next to each other on one screen and compare them. She described how she likes to capture an attempt in the field and immediately share it with the athlete. I also watched her annotate the frame-capture with lines and a really neat feature that allows you to determine angles of release, launch, etc. Please take a moment to stop by and see Mrs. Gunneson demonstrate how she has used this app...it's truly amazing!
Key Features of the CoachMyVideo Mobile App
- Slow-Motion, FRAME-BY-FRAME VIDEO PLAYBACK, with ZOOM!
- FORWARD / REVERSE / PAUSE / & 3-Second INSTANT-REPLAY ↺
- ACCESS VIDEOS & IMAGES directly from your CAMERA ROLL
- Capture & Save FULL-RESOLUTION IMAGE from ANY Video-Frame
- Email your video clips in HD or email longer low-resolution videos!
Additional Features in the iPad Version
- SIDE-BY-SIDE VIEWING
- SYNC-PLAYBACK with FRAME-BY-FRAME Review
- INSTANT VIDEO-SWAPPING
- EASY-SYNC VIDEO CLIP EDITOR
Learn more by watching these demo videos!